Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dengl 25 CEBOS - those who use Facebook (and other "social" networks)

I seem to have become frivolous in my old age - last week I made more than one silly suggestion at the Atomic Energy Plant near Edinburgh (for example, that they get a candy company to create "Torness Rock" - sugar versions of nuclear reactor fuel rods, shot through with a slogan such as "uranium not carbon" - or some such -
and now, I have another suggestion: I think that it would be good to have a new word to label the new generation of acolytes in the networkian creed; following the aesthetically atrocious neologism 'blogger' (and the tongue-in-cheek derivative dengl deployed here) I suggest it would work to have the term CEBO (plural, of course cebos) to refer to those who develop much of their social identity from faCEBOok. I'm afraid I am not really a cebo. Indeed, I dont use this dengl place as some social site I have to revisit and update, trading comments with all kinds of worthy people, but as a private store where I just occasionally put something of what occurs to me.

No comments: